“Digitisation” has been discussed and indeed implemented for some years now, although it has not always lived up to its promise, whereas the impact of AI has only hit the top of the priority list in recent months with the launch of the ChatGPT platform. That has generated a huge amount of discussion – but what will it really mean for us?
Mintec will discuss these topics in a free-to-view webinar. Gerry Tominey and Peter Smith will talk about the key issues facing procurement professionals who seek to use technology to improve the performance of the procurement function and generate more value for their organisations.
Five key takeaways will be:
• What digitisation means to procurement and how it has improved performance for many organisations
• The key points to consider when choosing digital products and platforms
• The critical success factors for digital initiatives – what can make programme work well – or fail?
• How will emerging AI capability change procurement strategy, process and operations?
• Might AI mean “the end of the procurement department” - and fewer procurement jobs?