Market participants are cautious that limited sugar supply in the US will impact prices throughout 2023. Sugar production is one of the most energy intensive industries, and the costly process of crushing and refining white sugar will continue to trickle down throughout the supply chain in the months ahead. Mexico’s cane crop is lagging the five-year average, which may contribute to tightness in Q3.
Mintec will dissect exactly what is happening in the US sugar market in a free-to-view webinar on March 8th.
Topics will include:
1) Cane and beet crop progress.
2) The impact inflation and energy costs are having on production.
3) A look at sugar consumption in the US.
4) Import and export expectations for 2022/23.
5) Spot prices for US sugar.
Join Andraia Torsiello on March 8th at 10am EST. Andraia will be happy to answer questions that arise from the audience in this session. If you are unable to attend live, then you should register anyway so you are sent the replay!