Responsible to: Sales Director
Location: Bourne End
Salary & benefits: Competitive salary on offer with excellent benefits and the ability to earn unlimited commission
Main Purpose of Job
Mintec, the leading soft commodities and food raw materials price analytics company, is seeking a Business Development Manager to join its growing team. In an $8 trillion annual market for agricultural commodities and food, Mintec occupies a unique position as data provider to many of the world’s top food manufacturers and retailers. These companies rely on our extensive pricing data to help their procurement professionals purchase raw materials smartly and improve their companies’ profitability.
Mintec is rapidly growing serving this huge and burgeoning global market and is seeking an ambitious Business Development Manager to expand our client base amongst retailers and manufacturers, as well as, financial institutions and consultancies that serve this sector across the globe.
Working closely with colleagues in our account management, client success and marketing teams, you will respond to qualified leads and identify new opportunities. You will be entirely responsible for presenting our solutions to companies, crafting proposals, negotiating and then closing large value annual subscription deals.
The role requires regular travel to meet clients at events or at their offices. Face-to-face selling, including presentations and demonstrations of our services is a core component of the role.
Skills and Responsibilities
• 4+ years’ experience of working in a fast-paced subscription business development role
• A strong negotiator with excellent commercial experience and consultative selling approach
• Experience of selling data products and data feeds
• Demonstrable record of owning and exceeding a target quota
• Experience of selling to FMCG brands, working closely with their procurement teams and executives to drive revenue growth through demonstrable client ROI
• You must be a polished presenter, an excellent communicator and highly organized
• Be a self-starter and be driven to achieve the best results
• Have highly developed networking skills
• Be proficient and meticulous with updating Salesforce and providing sales reports
• Strong revenue forecasting ability and rigour
• Strong teamwork and cross-group collaboration skills
• Incredibly detailed orientated
• Excellent communication skills
• French or German language to business speaking level is a prerequisite