Responsible to: Sales Director
Location: Flexible, US
Salary & benefits: Competitive salary on offer with excellent benefits and the ability to earn unlimited commission
Main Purpose of Job
Mintec, the world leading soft commodities and food raw materials price analytics company, is seeking a VP to spearhead its American sales activity. In an $8 trillion annual market for agricultural commodities and food, Mintec occupies a unique position as data provider to many of the world’s top food manufacturers and retailers. These companies rely on our extensive pricing data to help their procurement professionals purchase raw materials smartly and improve their companies’ profitability.
Mintec has expanded rapidly in this burgeoning global market and is seeking an ambitious VP to expand our client base in North America.
This is a stand-alone role which provides an exciting opportunity to represent Mintec to the leading food manufacturers and retailers in North America. You will respond to qualified leads and identify new opportunities. You will be entirely responsible for presenting our solutions to companies, crafting proposals, negotiating and then closing large value annual subscription deals.
The role will focus on our growing client base in North America which is our most exciting growth market. The role requires regular travel to meet clients at events or at their offices. Face-to-face selling, including presentations and demonstrations of our services is an essential component of the role.
• Drive all new client acquisition
• Manage significant deal volume and grow pipeline
• Develop and execute strategic plans for targeting prioritized opportunities
• Respond to inbound lead generation, and leverage marketing for outbound generation
• Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts and reports to inform management of strategic decision- making and to reflect appropriate management of the territory and sales pipeline
• Handover newly won accounts to Account Management team for nurture post-sale
• 6+ years’ experience of working in a fast-paced subscription business development role
• Experience of selling data products and data feed products
• Experience of selling to food manufacturers and retailers and FMCG brands, working closely with their procurement teams and executives to drive revenue growth through demonstrable client ROI
• A strong negotiator with excellent commercial experience and consultative selling approach
• Demonstrable record of owning and exceeding a target quota
• You must be a polished presenter, an excellent communicator
• Be a self-starter and be driven to achieve the best results
• Have highly developed networking skills and a current contact book of names from the leading food and agri businesses
• Be proficient and meticulous with updating Salesforce and providing sales reports
• Strong revenue forecasting ability and rigour
• Be highly organized with great attention to detail