Department: Data and Intelligence, Research
Responsible to: Research Team Leader
Location: Bourne End, UK
Contract type: Full-time or part-time (20 hours) available
Main Purpose of Job:
Mintec, the leading soft commodities and food raw materials price analytics company, is seeking a curious Researcher to join its research team.
In an $8 trillion annual market for agricultural commodities and food, Mintec occupies a unique position as data and analytics provider to many of the world’s top food manufacturers and retailers. These companies rely on our extensive research to help their procurement professionals purchase raw materials smartly and improve their companies’ profitability.
Mintec has been providing market leading raw material price data and business intelligence tools to global procurement teams for more than 30 years. We provide market intelligence to the largest manufacturers and retailers around the world, using advanced technology and supported by a data-driven intelligence team with strong research and knowledge skill across a wide range of markets, from raw materials to indirect costs.
The successful candidate will be a valuable member of the Research Team and help shape the research division within Mintec. You will need to be a self-starter and enjoy working within a fast-paced environment. You will be analytical with excellent data and communication skills and enjoy working independently as well as within a team. The Junior Researcher will be working closely with the Research Team Leader.
• Finding new data that fits within company strategy
• Collecting and analysing new data
• Liaising with other departments to make new data available to clients as well as other projects
• Planning and organising your workload to ensure maximum efficiency
• Compilation and presentation of results
• Continuously improving processes and procedures
• Maintaining internal working relationships as well as with external data suppliers
• Maintain good work ethic and professional attitude
• Ensure ISO 27001 training is attended and all mandatory documents have been read to ensure working practices comply
• Either an academic background (e.g. a research-based degree) or experience of working in a busy office environment
• Demonstrated experience in research
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise and coherent manner
• Experience working with data and Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, and the ability to learn new applications
• Strong teamwork and cross-group collaboration skills
• Strong organisational and administration skills, with the ability to work in a pressured environment, delivering work to set deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, both within Mintec and in client-facing situations
• Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous and organised approach to work