Department: Proprietary Pricing
Responsible to: Head of Proprietary Pricing
Location: Bourne End
Salary and Benefits: A competitive package is on offer
Main Purpose of Job:
Mintec, the leading soft commodities and food raw materials price analytics company, is seeking an ambitious Pricing Analyst to join its growing Pricing team. In an $8 trillion annual market for agricultural commodities and food, Mintec occupies a unique position as data provider to many of the world’s top food manufacturers and retailers. These companies rely on our extensive pricing data to help their procurement professionals purchase raw materials smartly and improve their companies’ profitability.
Mintec has been providing market leading raw material price data and business intelligence tools to global procurement teams for more than 30 years. We provide market intelligence to the largest manufacturers and retailers around the world, using advanced technology and supported by a data- driven intelligence team with strong research and knowledge skill across a wide range of markets, from raw materials to indirect costs.
The successful candidate will be a valuable member of the Pricing team and help shape the proprietary pricing division within Mintec. Ideally, you will come from an established Price Reporting Agency (PRA) and be experienced in working with price assessment methodologies, commodity specifications and IOSCO-compliant price reporting processes. An understanding of the agricultural commodity market is expected. You will need to be highly numerate with excellent analytical and communication skills and enjoy interaction with traders, producers and manufacturers in the agricultural and soft commodity value chain. The Pricing Analyst will be working closely with the Senior Pricing Analyst and the Head of Proprietary Pricing.
•Managing and expanding the number of industry contacts that submit pricing data, using all means of communication including face-to-face meetings and networking
•Develop in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals, supply chain and key participants for specific agricultural commodity markets
•Collect transactional pricing data, bids, offers, tenders and any other information that will be relevant to assess the Mintec Benchmark Prices in line with Mintec’s robust methodology, price specifications and IOSCO compliant principles
• Follow procedures to continue to build and maintain Mintec’s proprietary data
• Write price rationales and analytical pieces
• Handle questions from contacts and the market about the dynamics of particular pricing, seeking guidance from your manager when inquiries are sensitive, to make our processes and judgement transparent to the market
• To assist your manager to review and manage the existing pipeline of prices and identify new price assessment launch opportunities
•Publishing new Mintec Benchmark Prices to the agreed schedule
• Minimum 1 years of experience within the commodities markets
• Focussing on covering agricultural and soft commodity markets, but may also have experience in other physical commodity markets
• Excellent understanding of commodity markets and the fundamental drivers which shape them
• Good understanding of commodity derivatives
• Strong academic background with a numerical/analytical degree
• Ability to work with numbers and spreadsheets
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise and coherent manner and understand the differing agendas and drivers of the audience
• Outstanding networking skills
• General curiosity in expanding market knowledge and commitment to join in team projects
• Drive to advance Mintec's pricing research.
• Be a self-starter and be driven to achieve the best results
• Strong teamwork and cross-group collaboration skills
• Highly organised with great attention to detail
• A willingness to travel when required